Hot Ham & Cheese Grilled Baguette
This classic sandwich stacks a bit of savory and sweetness for a whole lot of flavor.
- 1 Companion French Baguette
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 6 ounces Dierbergs ham, sliced
- 5 ounces sliced gruyere or swiss
- Makes 4-6 sandwiches
- Heat grill to medium – about 400°.
- Slice Baguette horizontally.
- Mix jam, dijon, and mayonnaise and spread on both halves of bread.
- On bottom half, overlap folded slices of ham and top with cheese.
- Place top of baguette on sandwich.
- Wrap entire sandwich with large piece of foil.
- Place on grill and press down with a cast iron skillet or heavy pan.
- Heat sandwich for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove foil and cut sandwich into mini sliders.