COVID-19 UPDATE – MARCH 25, 2020
As we continue to manage the effects of Covid-19, we have some recent updates on how we are
responding to this situation. The health of the 4Cs – our companions, our customers, our community
and our company – is and will remain the utmost importance to us. We continue to bake every day
because bread (and food) is the soul of a community. We believe we nourish more than just our bodies
when we break bread together.
As the coronavirus continues to affect our day-to-day lives and threatens the health of all of us, we want to inform you of some additional changes we are making to our regular routine in an attempt to continue to safely supply our neighbors with great bread, baked goods and other food items to help you provide meals for you and your family.
Effective today, our WEST CAFE located in Maryland Heights is CLOSED temporarily. The LADUE CAFE will remain open daily from 7 AM to 3 PM. The Ladue Cafe will offer the following services:
- Takeout, Curbside Pick-Up and Delivery from 7am-3pm daily.
- Catering Services are also available. More information can be found on our website. Orders can also be placed electronically through EZ Cater. Delivery fees for catering will apply.
- Delivery services for the Ladue Cafe are provided by GrubHub and DoorDash.
In addition to insuring more frequent hand washing and more regular sanitizing of common touch points, our cafes will continue to follow these best practices:
- We will encourage online orders for Ladue customers to takeout or pick up curbside to promote social distancing.
- We will package ALL food items in to-go, single use packaging.
- We have removed all self-serve utensils and napkins from the dining area – it will be included with all orders.
- We will only provide single serve cream and sweeteners for coffee drinks – milk (both whole and nonfat) will be available from our staff from behind the counter.
- We will no longer allow re-usable mugs/cups/packaging brought in by customers.
- For the time being, our dining rooms will remain CLOSED. Customers are only allowed to takeout, pick-up curbside or deliver to your home or office from 7am-3pm.
Your safety, and that of our companions, is our primary concern now and always. As things continue to
evolve, we will be monitoring the situation from the CDC and will continue to follow the protocol
outlined from the St. Louis County and Missouri State Health Departments. We certainly recognize that
we don’t have all the answers but will continue to do our best with the information we have. Thank you
for your continued support and patience as we muddle through these unprecedented times.
With warmest regards,
Josh & Jodi Allen and the whole Companion team