CollaBREADtive Series 2 is coming to a close, and the final round features Chef Vito Racanelli of Onesto Pizza & Trattoria. Chef Vito has created a Panzanella “Bread Salad” with our Roasted Garlic Fougasse, a traditional French flatbread with chunks of roasted garlic. Check out the video of Chef Vito preparing his dish here, and try the recipe below at home. Click here
for a list of places to pick up the Roasted Garlic Fougasse!
PANZANELLA “BREAD SALAD”
- 2 cups cubed Companion Roasted Garlic Fougasse (or you can use Companion Ciabatta, Pain Beaucaire, French Baguette or Millers Five Grain)
- 2 cups chopped, varietal tomato
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup julienned red onion
- pinch of salt & pepper
Toss bread in a 1/2 of cup of olive oil with salt & pepper. Lay it out on a sheet pan and bake it at 350 degrees for 10 minutes Let cool for 15 minutes. Mix tomato, cucumber, basil, red onion, parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Marinate all ingredients for 10 minutes. Add Roasted Garlic Fougasse minutes before serving and toss all together.